Outdoor window jambs
The window jambs play an important role in the thermal insulation of the room. Most of the heat goes through the windows and the gap between the window frame and the wall.
Window installation specialists seal the openings between the frame and the wall with polyurethane foam, which is afraid of ultraviolet radiation. It is necessary at least to cut off the excess foam and protect it from two unfavorable factors:
- water (foam assembly has a porous structure and easily passes water).
In addition to protecting the foam, the joint of the window frame and the wall is additionally insulated with foam plastic with a thickness of 20 mm, so you will get a nice and smooth slope.
The external slopes, made using the “warm slope” technology, will provide heat and waterproofing of the window openings. Usually slopes are insulated along with the entire wall. If you have sufficiently warm walls and you act solely for aesthetic reasons, then the warm slope technology will help you to easily level the slope using foam plastic, which is much easier compared to ordinary plastering.
Technology “warm slope”:
- a strip of polystyrene or extruded polystyrene foam 20 mm thick is glued to the slope;
- the strip is additionally secured with plastic “dowels for thermal insulation”;
- a protective adhesive solution is applied to the foam;
- front glass mesh is pressed into the solution;
- the second protective layer of the mortar is applied;
- the slope is primed;
- painted with water-based paint.
A warm slope will prevent freezing of joints between the window frame and the wall.
|Prices for 2019|
|Window jambs. We work with orders from 10 000 UAH|
|Finishing of window jambs on the technology of “warm jamb” (including the cost of materials)||rm||200 UAH|
|Plastering and painting jambs (including the cost of materials)||rm||110 UAH|
|Pruning of excess foam||rm||25 UAH|
|Plastering of the joint between the window and the wall, including the cost of materials||rm||100 UAH|
|Painting plastered seams (including the cost of materials)||rm||50 UAH|